Are You Feeling Stuck? Take 3 Simple Steps
Want to improve your health, but stuck in a rut?
You’ve set yourself some health goals. Ambitious ones – no point in anything different, right? You set out full of great intentions, but then life just gets in the way, or even though it felt good to do something different, you haven’t kept up with the new habits and you’re not sure why. And to top it all off, you’re mean to yourself because you didn’t complete what you set out to do. Sound familiar? You’re not alone, I promise you!
First things first, time to give yourself a break!
Habit changing is tough. And when it comes to things like nutrition and lifestyle we’ve usually been doing things a certain way for a long time. We’re used to it, it’s our pattern, and whilst we want to make changes to our lives we can often struggle to make the changes that get us there. It’s human nature. Change is tough and requires focus and effort – and we’re all busy getting on with the every-day routine.
3 Simple Steps To Get Started
- Make Your Goal About Real Life– think about what you want to be different – be super specific in what the outcome is, what it looks like, how you’ll know when you’re there. And try to make the object of your goal something that has real meaning to you. E.g. as opposed to “I want to lose a stone” consider something like “I want to be full of energy to actively play with my children in an evening”. You get the idea.
- Attach Some Emotion– with that goal in mind, write a list of the emotions you would attach to having achieved it, really “feel” it rather than “think” it. For this to be a driver of change you really need to have an emotional connection with the outcome. Uncensored, just write down everything that it would make you feel, experience and enjoy.
- Make A List, Then Choose One– make a list of all the things you believe you need to do in order to achieve your goal. It might be a big list, so stop at 10 so you don’t overwhelm yourself. Then here’s the trick, just choose one small item off the list. Something easy and achievable. Do it, do it well and keep doing it for several days until it starts to feel like a new habit. Then it’s onto the next thing. Small steps can take you a long way!
How I Can Help You Get Started AND Keep Going
- If you feel as though your health is affecting your confidence then my Confidence Confessions book is an ideal starting point. I’ve experienced and observed simple but effective strategies for building lost-lasting confidence. And I share them all in this book.
- If you would prefer 1:1 support, then I offer a Coaching & Mentoring Taster Experience offer. It’s essentially a coaching session at a very special price to allow you to try it on for size, get a sense of me, and experience some great support in the process.